buying an r.v. in arizona

We are snowbirds from Ontario and have bought an r.v. in the u.s. If we have a u.s. address and drivers licence do we have to register it in Ontario? Can we take it to Ontario for 6 months and return to the u.s. every winter without changing the registration

Comments for buying an r.v. in arizona

Click here to add your own comments

Mar 02, 2015
You need to live at the USA address
by: Marianne

Be careful. You will need a US address that's actually somewhere you live, at least part of the year. Not just one that belongs to a friend. This will be important for insurance coverage as well and you don't want to be disqualified if you ever have a claim.

If you do have a USA based address, I cannot see a problem driving into Canada for six months but again, I urge you to check with the DMV office where you are registered and your insurance company.
If you end up having to register in Canada, I hope you've checked in advance that the RV is admissable for import. Not all are.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to FAQ Invitation.

Copyright© 2021
All tips and advice on this web site are purely the personal opinion of the author who assumes no responsibility or liability for any consequences resulting from following said advice.