Federal Tax (GST or HST)

by Daniel
(Ontario Canada)

Not a hundred percent sure but I think Federal tax applies on the full purchase price of the "new" RV and not difference in the trade.

Marianne's Reply: You will pay tax on the amount you paid for the vehicle. The amount shown on the receipt (unless they deem it's way below book value). In most cases, if you're importing, you are very unlikely to have a trade-in because the dealer would then have to import that into the USA. Or am I wrong?

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Import An RV.

Copyright© 2021 www.frugal-rv-travel.com
All tips and advice on this web site are purely the personal opinion of the author who assumes no responsibility or liability for any consequences resulting from following said advice.