Contact | About | Blog | Boondockers Welcome

Importimg a Truck Camper into Canada

I would like to import a truck camper from the eastern United States into Canada, via the Montana/Alberta border. What would the duty or the taxes be, that I would most likely have to pay? just a ballpark figure would do. At the moment, I am living in BC, and would that make any difference, paying the taxes in Alberta and not BC?
Thanking you all in advance for any help you can give me.

Comments for Importimg a Truck Camper into Canada

Click here to add your own comments

May 11, 2013
by: Anonymous

They charge you the taxes based on where you live so it doesn't matter which provincial border you cross if you live in BC you pay BC taxes.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Import An RV.

Copyright© 2017
All tips and advice on this web site are purely the personal opinion of the author who assumes no responsibility or liability for any consequences resulting from following said advice.